In this follow up to the Sociology of Zombies, I have compiled a list of sociological data to assist you in surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, which may or may not be on the 21st of December 2012.
- Strategise your escape journey by watching the prophetic 28 Days Later. Also happens to be my favourite Zombie movie ever. Quintessential viewing for those of you wishing to survive a wide-scale zombie attack.
- Ponder over Rec 1 and Rec 2 for an alternative explanation of where zombies come from in Barcelona.
- You may have to consider that zombies are made through noise. Canadian noises, as per the brilliant Pontypool.
- Study the awesome Zombieland for its 32 rules for surviving the zombie apocalypse. Not all of them are revealed in the film, but thankfully Horror Movies CA has filled in the gaps.
- Keep a copy of Shaun of the Dead on you at all times to give you hope that you may find yourself in a comical zombie scenario. Hey it’s the apocalypse, but you can still laugh!
- Stay up-to-date with your zombie news by reading All Top’s dedicated zombie coverage.
- Keep abreast of zombie science by reading the Zombie Research Network blog.
- Get excited about the fact that George Romero is adapting Steven C.Schlozman’s book The Zombie Autopsies: Secret Notebooks from the Apocalypse. This will no doubt provide superb information for zombie survivors.
- Learn to productively use zombie heads with these nifty zombie bowling bowls by artist Oliver Paass. As any avid zombie-apocalypse soothsayer knows, bowling balls are important training tools as we prepare for the advent of a zombie attack.
Stay tuned for the bloody thrilling follow up post: what not to do during the Zombie Apocalypse.