If you’re a fan of Supernatural, you would know that Misha Collins who plays Castiel is not only ridiculously handsome, but he has a quirky sense of humour (check his Twitter). Most impressive of all is that he runs a fantastic not-for-profit organisation, Random Acts. In 2010, Collins’ organisation undertook these acts of kindness:
- For the “Run, Misha, Run” campaign, Misha Collins ran 83 km (52 miles) to raise almost $85,000 for Random Acts, three Haitian orphanages, and flood relief efforts in Pakistan.
- Helped raise more than $30,000 for Misha Collins’ “Pony Up” Campaign for Haiti.
- Presented a laptop and printer to a deserving child.
- Bought new shoes for a 5-year-old boy and his surprised father.
- Purchased a new mattress and comfortable chairs for a senior couple.
- Gave bicycles to strangers resting in a park.
- Handed out toys to neighbourhood children in Mexico.
- Presented umbrellas to unsuspecting commuters in Korea.
- Gave strangers flowers in France and England.
- Provided supplies to children to create art in a square in Russia.
Photo from Collins on Twitter.