“If you do no understand White supremacy – what it is, and how it works, everything else that you understand will only confuse you.”*
– Dr Neely Fuller, Jr reflects on one of the most famous early lines in his book, The United Independent Compensatory Code System Concept.
He goes on to explain his argument:
“What that means is, the people who are just getting up and trying to go to work or trying to look for a job or trying to do whatever it is they’re trying to do – if they’re classified as ‘non-White,’ the first order of business is they’re going up against the system of White supremacy.
And, because so many of them are in so [close] in proximity to each other, as the victims that is, the non-White people, and they’re all crowded together under the system of White supremacy when they don’t get the things that they have to have, or the things they think that they have to have, or the things that they need, they have a natural tendency to lash out at each other.
So the counter-action for that it’s [recognising] the system of White supremacy that causes this.
These people if they had all of their needs met – not so much their wants, because a lot of their wants have been manufactured by White supremacy – but their needs, the things that they need most that would be of constructive value, they can’t get these things unless they get them from the White supremacists. No body else has these things… in the way of material support.
That’s what supreme means. That you’ve set up a system based on colour and non-colour and that you’ve gathered everything of value around yourself. And then you dole it out to the victims that you’ve taken it from as you see fit. But you only dole it out by throwing a piece of bread to a crowd of extremely hungry people – you throw that out of a balcony.
I’ll give that out as an illustration. Every now and then a piece of bread comes sailing over the balcony. And there are 10 million people out there who haven’t eaten in… six days, anyway. No bread, no water, nothing. They’re extremely hungry. So wherever that bread lands the rest of the people are going to crowd around and fight wherever that bread has landed. And whoever grabs the bread is going to have a fight on his or her hands.
On his author page on Amazon, Dr Fuller positions himself as a victim of White supremacy and outlines why the system needs to be overthrown.
I, Neely Fuller, Jr., the writer/author of this book, like millions of others, have been a long-time Victim of and Servant to Racism (White Supremacy) in all areas of activity. My experiences, observations, and/or studies have led me to believe the following:
- Racism has done more to promote non-justice than any other socio-material system known to have been produced or supported by the people of the known universe.
- No major problem that exists between the people of the known universe can be eliminated, until Racism is eliminated.
- The fear, frustration, malice, and confusion caused by Racism, retards or prevents all constructive activity between the people of the known universe.
- The only form of functional Racism that exists among the people of the known universe is “White Supremacy.”
- The people who have the ability to eliminate Racism, do not have the will to do so, and the people who have the will to do so, do not have the ability.
- Regardless of all that has been said or done, the quality of the relationship between white people and black people is, and has been, a total disaster.
- Justice is better than Racism.
- As long as Racism exists, anything said or done by people that is not intended to help eliminate Racism and to help produce justice, is a waste of time and energy.
Each and every Victim of Racism should minimize the time and effort spent doing anything other than thinking, speaking, and acting in a manner that helps to eliminate Racism and helps to establish justice. Each and every person should seek to do this every day, in every area of activity, including Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex, and War/Counter-War. (My emphasis)
* In his book, the direct quote is:
If you do not understand white supremacy (racism)—what it is and how it works—everything else you know will only confuse you.
Another useful resource especially for visually impaired people if Black Talk Radio narrating pages 20-22 of Dr Fuller’s book, which covers the three Basic Types of People in the Known Universe:
- White people
- Non-White people
- White Supremacists (Racists)
(Starts from 2:28).